Units 3 & 4 Project
S.C. EnergoNuclear S.A. (EN) is the company in charged with construction, commissioning and operation of Units 3&4. EN is a vehicle for promotion of Units 3 and 4 investment putting into application the investors’ decisions. In present, EN shareholders are as follows: S.N. Nuclearelectrica S.A. (84,65%), Enel Investment Holding B.V. (9,15%) and ArcelorMittal Galati S.A. (6,2%). The Government of Romania is involved in the development of the Project for Units 3 and 4 and currently he is looking for new investors in order to reduce the SNN’s shares.
EnergoNuclear (EN) which was created in 2009 has been acting since then to put in force Investors Agreement, in two phases:
Phase 1: The Pre-Project Phase
1. To arrive at final Project definition and cost and to perform the work required to achieve FID (Final Investment Decision – 31 December 2012)
- Inspection and evaluation of the existing assets
- Selection of main contractor
- Feasibility study
- Negotiation and conclusion of terms and conditions for O&M and electricity off-take arrangements
- Obtaining necessary approvals and licenses – support documentation under preparation
- Financial agreement
2. To perform technical/commercial work required to meet the project schedule post-FID
- Tech Specs for long term delivery equipment
- Pre-mobilisation plan for key operational staff
Only activities necessary to obtain the construction license and to meet project schedule requirements will be undertaken. No construction work will take place during Pre-Project phase.
Phase 2: The Project Phase
Implementation of the Project by the Main Contractor.
Main activities to be delivered:
- detail design and licensing
- equipment procurement
- construction and installation
- commissioning and testing
- starting commercial operation